Eta Northeast Women’s Network, a well known gender activist group based in Manipur, has announced the winners of its 2nd Annual Eta Manipur Women of Substance Awards 2022.
A release said the awards will be conferred in a simple ceremony to be held at GM Hall in Imphal on the occasion of International Women’s Day – 8th March 2022.
The ceremony will commence at 10:00 am, and will feature a number of prominent speakers and guests, it added.
Eta Northeast Women’s Network (“Eta”), which was founded in 2019, is a non-profit organization committed to the social and economic empowerment of women from North East India, with over 4000 women members, mostly hailing from Manipur, the release said.
Among Eta’s initiatives are spreading better awareness of women’s rights and health, encouraging entrepreneurship and independence among women, advocating for gender equality and proper representation of women in all spheres of public life and providing aid to marginalized communities across Manipur during the recent Covid-19 pandemic, the release further explained.
Profiling the awards, the Eta release said the first edition of the Annual Eta Manipur Women of Substance Awards was held in 2021 at the Ima Market and was one of the first and most extensive events of its kind in Manipur.
It said the second edition this year seeks to take that tradition forward by recognizing and honouring women from different walks of life and ethnicities from across Manipur for their unique and inspiring achievements in varied fields.
It further said the winners are chosen through a transparent public nomination process, and Eta is careful to avoid any conflicts of interest or undue influence in the selection process. No monetary or other consideration is sought from nominees or winners, and Eta conducts the awards ceremony with funds raised from sponsors, who are duly acknowledged.
The winners announced by Eta for this year are the following:
1. Inspirational Woman Leader of Manipur Award: Brinda Thounaojam
2. Young Achiever Award: Girl Up Manipur
3. Excellence in Social Service Award: Kambuiga Golmei (Zen Pui)
4. Changemaker in Education Award: Gaitri Thangjam
5. Environmental Change-maker Award: Ningthoujam Bidyalaxmi Devi
6. Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Sushma Leimapokpam
7. Differently-abled Women Achiever Award: Khangembam Binarani
8. Literary Achiever Award: Linthoi Chanu
9. Folk Art/Culture Achiever Award: Lourembam Bedabati Devi
10. Extraordinary Woman Achiever Award: Leichombam Sapana Devi
11. Lifetime Achievement Award: Aram Pamei
12. Amazing Mother Award: Mumtaj Begum
13. Sports Achiever Award: Mira Bai Chanu
14. Exemplary Service in Uniform Award: Ratana Ngasekpam
15. Excellence in Journalism Award: Chitra Ahanthem
16. Excellence in Broadcasting Award: Santa Potshangbam
17. Excellence in Visual Arts Awards: Manorharmayum Nancy
18. Exemplary Civil Service Award: Diana Khumanthem
19. Exemplary Service in Healthcare Award: Women Nursing Team Saina Institute of Medical Science
20. Changemaker Award : Ahongshangbam Anamika